2012年12月23日星期日

Do you know...

Once,an Italian commander has told me: the Chinese people is very friendly and we don't need to be afraid of China because its culture is peaceful but not aggressive.But your problem is you don't know how to present your idea to the rest of world. People are afraid of China because they don't know what she is thinking.

So, I'd like to introduce some Chinese culture to my dear friends.

Where should I begin?...
Let's talk about Chinese dimension: 9.6 million km².
Many people have asked me: where is your home? 
My hometown is Taiyuan which is not famous. So I always answered: I lived in a city near Beijing.
Then they asked: how many km from Beijing?
OMG, I didn't know that! So I answered: I don't know, but about 3 hours in train.
Then... "is that near?! It's about from Venice to Milan!"
So, I think we should make clear the concept of "near".
In China, if we can get to a place in car or train within 12 hour, it is "near".
My City (in the red box) is in the middle-east of China. As you can see, it is really near Beijing (red star).
Another frequent question is: what's the climate of China?...
BOH! It depends... The most northern point is Mohe, 53°N. The most southern point would be an island, 4°N。 But the mainland China changes from subtropical climate to subpolar climate, from continental climate to ocean climate. We have cities much more humid than Padova, but we have deserts in the west.
So, next time when you want to chat with a Chinese, the cleverer question would be: what is the climate of your hometown.

The second biggest desert of China: Taklamakan Desert.






没有评论:

发表评论